Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Questions and Answers Enabling Internet Connection Sharing: Can it be done?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Participant

[ Posting for Lars Leibner-M¸llrose ]

I have got a problem with InternetSharing and Mac OS X Server 10.2

The client version of Mac OS X 10.2 offers you the possibilities to share your internet connection with the rest of your network. To do so you have to enable it in the system preferences under sharing. There is a tab labeled “Internet”, where you can start and stop sharing your connection

But in Mac OS X Server 10.2 there is no tab labeled “Internet”, where I could enable to share my connection. There is only one, named “service”. So what do I have to do to share my internet connection with the rest of my network?

pepi
    Participant

There’s a thread over at Apple’s discussion boards, also started by Lars. Since it’s not possible to link there:
    Go to [url]http://discussions.info.apple.com/[/url] and then klick your was through to Mac OS X Server -> Mac OS X Server 10.2 -> Network Services -> Internet Sharing with Mac OS X Server 10.2. There is an answer from Steve Simons that might help a little…
    [edit: Typo]

jaharmi
    Participant

I haven’t looked at that thread, but there does seem to be an “InternetSharing” process in Jaguar workstation. I’ve been trying to track down how Jaguar enables Internet Sharing and the AirPort software base station features, because I want to edit the configs manually.

So far, no tutorial I’ve seen has mentioned the Airport sbs custom configuration — somehow, it looks like an actual access point. This matters a lot, since I use a PowerBook G3 with a Cisco Aironet 350 card from work — and its drivers don’t like computer to computer mode. At least, I haven’t gotten them to work together.

The way Apple does it with Internet Sharing actually works with my Cisco card/client, and as far as the PowerBook is concerned, it’s connection to a real dedicated hardware access point.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed