Home Forums Software InstaDMG Create User

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shane.tungate
    Participant

Hi,

I am using the create user package and i can not get the package to create all folders for the default user template.Only creates the “Library” folder for the user. When i log in and check the permissions on the home folder of the admin user created. The permissions read “_unknown” read/write on the home folder for the user.

If i send the same package to the machine with ARD it creates the user without any issues and all permissions are assigned correctly.

All of the logs are reporting that the package installed fine with no errors.

Any help greatly appreciated

Allister Banks
    Participant

Hey Shane,

Where did you get the createUser.pkg, are you using the one bundled with the most recent svn revision? It sounds more like the OS is having an issue than the pkg, What version of InstaDMG/instaUp2Date are you running? What exact revision number (this should be the second line of your package log)? What OS are you running on (booted from)? What OS are you installing? Please let us know. Thanks,

Allister

Anthony Reimer
    Participant

Similar to your experience, I had a situation where createUser would not fully populate the folders in the user accounts. I eventually deduced that one or more packages (usually ones that I made) were installing files in the user’s home directory. The presence of these files prevented createUser from working properly. Mount the generated disk image and see if there are any files in /Users/[i]username[/i] — if there is, then that is probably the issue. Track down the problem package(s) and find another way to deploy those files if they are required at all.

shane.tungate
    Participant

Hi jazzace,

Thanks for the tip. I checked 2 of my package files which had users preferences as part of the package. Removed that then rebuilt the package. The build and restore all worked perfectly then.
    User home directory created correctly with the permissions.

Thanks heaps for this

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed