Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion DNS Changing Domain

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    slavkom
    Participant

Hi all…I need some advice. I just got my own internet domain. My internal network’s domain is “home.lan” Is there a way to change my internal networks name to my internet domain name without hosing my server? I’m running server 10.3.3 behind a firewall with a comcast cable connect.

I’ve got the internet domain pointing to my server for ftp/web/afp services and it works good. Do I even need to change the internal domain? I just feel everything should be on the same page.

Thanks,

Mike

slavkom
    Participant

Yes..my server is hosting my internal DNS and it does work great. I know(from experience) what a pain changing the servers IP address is…so I just figured changing DNS info would be equaly painful, especially the LDAP configuration. If I do add another zone to my current DNS to reflect the new internet domain, will there be a conflict with different domain names pointing to the same IP addresses?

Sorry if these are simple question…but I’m still learning 😀

Thanks for the reply Joel!!

Mike

slavkom
    Participant

After a few failed attempts and alot of reading…everything now works great! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!

Mike
    8)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed