Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion DNS changeip and DNS in 10.6

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  roobieroo 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Supreme.B.Ing
    Participant

From the OS X 10.6 man page for [i]changeip[/i]
    [code]HISTORY
    A version of changeip has been present in Mac OS X Server since at least version 10.3 (Panther).

In 10.6 (Snow Leopard), changeip no longer manipulates the directory and therefore no longer takes a
    directory URL as an argument.[/code]
    So what do we use to manipulate the directory record?

– B

synacknet
    Participant

You may find /usr/libexec/changeDirData.pl useful. It has a man page: man changeDirData.pl

Supreme.B.Ing
    Participant

man page looks promising.

i will definitely check it out!

Thanks!!

– B

Debora68
    Participant

Hi, i am new here and like your post much. thanks for sharing.Hope we shall have good time. 😆 😆 😆

roobieroo
    Participant

From the advanced server admin documentation

[quote]To change the DNS name
    sudo scutil –set OldName You can use the scutil command-line tool to set the computer name and local
    hostname. For more information, see the scutil man page. [b]Do not use the changeip command-line tool to change DNS names[/b], even though the
    tool is still available.[/quote]

and [quote]You can use the scutil command-line tool to set the local hostname and local hostname. For more information, see the scutil man page.
    Do not use the changeip command-line tool to change computer names, even though the tool is still available.[/quote]

I’m confused. In the same manual they tell you to use changeip to modify other records so what gives?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed