Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have some Cisco IP phones that need an IP address from Cisco’s Call Manager. My network is setup like this:
    I use subnet 192.168.1.x on all devices and computers
    Call Manager subnet address is 192.168.5.3
    I have DHCP services running on my OS X Server 10.3.5 – server address is 192.168.1.24
    DHCP network range is 192.168.1.200 – 192.168.1.254

My ip phones get an ip address from my server with no problem but they need a system or boot image from Call Manager. Without that image, ip phones do not work.

How can I setup my server to direct all ip phones to use a bootp server on 192.168.5.3?

Thanks

federoffm
    Participant

What you do on Cisco IP phones that are not on a “voip aware” network is force the “Alt TFTP Server” setting. The address of the TFTP server is given by DHCP option 150. Since OS X does not support options (yet), you have to hand set this ein every phone. First..on the phone itself, set the “Use Alt TFTP Server” option to yes. Then put in the address of your call manager server into the “Alt TFTP Server” option. Then reboot the phone. It should get an IP from your server, then hit the Call Manager and download it’s config.

If you want to make the phone boot faster, also disable Voice VLAN..so it doesn’t go looking for one on startup.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed