Home Forums Archive Bindery Bindery and Panther Server

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cpendleton
    Participant

I am new to configuring DNS but have some past windoze experience. I am running 10.3.1 on a G4 quicksilver and wanted to get dnz configured properly in order to move onto the next step (VPN). I also have my dynamic IP address resolved through DynDNS and that is updated regularly automatically through my Netgear Firewall FR114.
    I downloaded Bindery and it seems that whatever I want to add or configure I get AppleScript errors. I tried restarting and same result.
    I am only interested in getting DNS working internally and utilize Comcast’s DNS servers for the outside stuff. I saw a link to http://www.tarling.info/dns/ – but it seems to be down.

Any help = greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Charlie-

cpendleton
    Participant

Thanks Joel. However, I no longer have access to 10.2 servers and never ran DNS when I had it. Where can I go for 10.3 DNS configuration help until you find time to re-do bindery?
    Charlie-

buckster
    Participant

Hi,

I just had a simliar problem in Panther when I tried Bindery and look forward to a Panther complaint release.

In the meantime I’m off to try DNS Helper 1.6. I looked at Webmin but looks way to complicated to a DNS newbie.

Cheers,

b.

ps. Friendly suggestion to help others – pls you could point out on the Bindery download page that it doesn’t work with Panther

buckster
    Participant

Oops… just found DNS Helper gives Applescript errors in Panther also.
    Cheers,
    b.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed