Home Forums Archive VaporSec BEFVP41 Capabilities

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I have a LinkSys BEFVP41 at work and I have used VaporSec to connect my OS X box to it. I can successfully ping hosts on the local subnet (10.10.0.0/24) on the LAN side of the BEFVP41 (10.10.0.2). The problem is this: I have a FreeBSD machine on that subnet (10.10.0.1) that acts as a router between several other networks at work. While I can ping this FreeBSD router, I cannot ping hosts on the networks behind it. Other machines on the subnet (10.10.0.5, for example) can ping through the router without difficulty. I suspect that I cannot ping the other networks because the “Local Secure Network” setting on the BEFVP41 can only cover one Class C network at most and because these other networks are not on that same Class C. Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

Is the BEFVP41 able to expose, at most, one Class C subnet to the remote VPN client?

Chris

Timbits
    Participant

but thanks for posting that, i’m thinking of buyingthe BEFVP41. I was about to post if anyone has used one.

ok, i’ll shut up now

Anonymous
    Participant

I’m having sinilar problems too. I have the BEFVP41 and it really doesn’t have much advice for setup for clients (especially OSX users!).

I’m getting the following message in the log:

INFO: isakmp.c:1357:isakmp_open(): 192.168.2.50[500] used as isakmp port (fd=7)

with the message repeating for each ip/mac address when I start vaporize.

Any ideas as I am a complete newbie to this!

Nick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed