Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jaseparlo
    Participant

Gday

I have a network of mac 10.3.9 clients connected through Open Directory to the 10.3.9 Server. Everything is fine, but now I have a bunch of new iMacs running 10.4 that are refusing to automount the user home directory. They are authenticating ok, just not mounting.

Configured directory access the same as the 10.3 clients – in directory assistant, added an LDAP source, pointed to the ip address of the server and told it to take LDAP mappings from the server.

There’s two automounts on the server, one is a share and the other is the home directory. The weird thing is, if I use lookupd -d and list allMounts on a 10.4 machine, I can see the automount record for the share, but not for the home dirs. Trying the same thing on the 10.3 machines lists both automounts.

I’m at a loss as to where to look now – if it wasn’t reading the automount records from the directory at all that would make sense, but I’m confused about why it’s only getting one.

Any ideas?

jaseparlo
    Participant

😳 fixed it. Hate that, I’d put off posting for several days while I tried to work it out, soon as I posted I had an idea. I just removed the automount record by unsharing the User Homes volume in Workgroup Manager, then I recreated the share and it magically worked.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed