Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Active Directory Augment Users in 10.7.x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    djfake
    Participant

We have a 10.6.8 server in a AD/OD “magic triangle” setup. Augment records are created in OD for network home folders. All well and fine for 10.5.x and 10.6.x clients. Users authenticate to AD and mount their home folder from the OD server. Just to reiterate, it all works.

Lion clients, 10.7.2, authenticate just fine to the AD, however, do not mount the home folder specified in the OD. They create a local home folder in /Users/. These clients are bound to AD and OD, and the Directory Search Policy is the same as the 10.6.x clients.

Do 10.6.8 Augment Records work with 10.7.x clients? Has anyone successfully mounted a home folder?

Lindsay Robertso
    Participant

check out:

Click to access centrify-directcontrol-for-mac-local-domain-workaround.pdf

then you can use the profile path in ad to specify the home dir location

works on 10.7

l.

djfake
    Participant

Will Augmented User Records on a 10.6.8 sever mount a home folder with 10.7.x clients? Seems like such a straightforward question….

Malcolm Rikeur
    Participant

not currently supported

djfake
    Participant

In Workgroup Manager, go to Inspector/Config/augmentconfiguration. Edit the XMLPlist attribute and remove the following two lines:

Augmented Directory Node Name
    /Active Directory/All Domains

Save the setting, reboot the 10.7 client and please let me know if the AFP home mounts.

It does.

djfake
    Participant

In Workgroup Manager, go to Inspector/Config/augmentconfiguration. Edit the XMLPlist attribute and remove the following two lines:

/Active Directory/All Domains

Save the setting, reboot the 10.7 client and please let me know if the AFP home mounts.

willdaddy
    Participant

[code]In Workgroup Manager, go to Inspector/Config/augmentconfiguration. Edit the XMLPlist attribute and remove the following two lines:

/Active Directory/All Domains[/code]
    I’m not the original poster but this worked for me, we’re running a 10.6.8 Server with 10.5-10.7 attached workstations, all are reading their augmented records correctly at this point, thanks a bunch for the tip!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed