Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Questions and Answers addressbook server (10.6, 10.7) not… “enough”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    theknaveofhearts
    Participant

hello fellow admins

first post. total newbie. i promised i searched repeatedly before hitting this.

we have a client who was using mobileme to sync selected groups of contacts between 5 different users. they were experiencing LOTS of problems between the users, so one of our techs tried using 10.6 server’s addressbook server, as that is what it advertises it will do.

anyway, lots of problems, mostly resulting in spinning beachball syndrome. we upgraded one of their servers to 10.7 server, with a separate fresh pool of contacts, and the problem seems to persist. our tech who did the initial install has since said that apple’s implementation of address book server is not intended to share groups of contacts between users.

is that right? are we asking too much of address book server, be it 10.6 or 10.7?

what are the alternatives? we have a growing number of unsettled and not-yet-hostile users growing.
    we have a growing number of unsettled and not-yet-hostile users growing.

thanks in advance for all wisdom and direction
    knave

starbuck
    Participant

I’d recommend taking a look at kerio connect, and sharing the address book via this product.

You can either user the built in address book or Outlook for Mac/ PC.

I’ve personally used this successfully with 15 machines access the same address book.

http://www.kerio.com

Thanks

Lee

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed