Home Forums Archive x86 AD OD integration server performance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    redbrae
    Participant

At some point in the future I am planning to integrate AD and OD at a school I support. At the moment they have a windows 2003 AD server that deals with all the windows stuff and a G5 OS X 10.3 server that supports about 60 managed clients running OS X 10.3.9. There is no integration at present. I have read a number of documents re integration and I understand technically what I need to do.

The school have already purchased another Windows 2003 server with lots of storage space. My plan is that the original 2003 server will retain its role as AD authentication server and the new servers sole responsibility will be home folders both for Windows clients and the managed OS X clients.

They also plan to up the number of managed OS X clients to a maximum of 160. Now bearing in mind that the home folders will reside on the Windows server, the role of the OS X server will be OD / group management only.

My first question is this, are there any known performance issues with the home folder residing on a Windows 2003 server share when logging into an OS X managed client ?

And secondly, if the number of OS X clients increases to 160, is the 2003 server hosting the home folders going to have problems. Is the OS X server going to have performance issues. Should I recommend to the school that they purchase and OD replica ?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

redbrae
    Participant

Sorry, posted in wrong forum in error

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed