Home Forums AFP548 Community Certification ACTC 10.3 Upgrade test

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    figmentfly
    Participant

I’ll be taking the ACTC 10.3 upgrade test on Friday morning. Anyone taken it yet? If so, what areas do you remember the test focusing on that you weren’t prepareed for?

Anonymous

I just happen to have the notes I sent to a coworker who was taking it next. Hope these help:

Startup sequence of fonts and when does the machine boot from CD (after firware, bootX, etc) I think I got these wrong.

Bunch of questions on trouble shooting network problems, with network utility and others. I aced those you should too.

Open Directory and Kerberos questions, I did okay on, but some Kerberos ticket questions I’m sure I got wrong.

Remote install questions, like what you can and can’t do with remote install. Also what you need (I think I got this wrong too) I wasn’t sure if there was another way to remote install without having the admin password of the machine. I think you may be able to do it by knowing the MAC address without the admin password, I’m not sure.

Where are kernel extensions

Web services had a lot of questions as well (webdav, sites, realms, etc)

It says I did bad on the client management portion and I thought I did well on that, so I must have missed some “all the apply questions”. There was a couple questions on mobile accounts that a wasn’t sure of, so study up on that. Like how It works and where it stores the user directory, etc.

A couple client questions on sharing a windows printer and how to set up a printer that is installed on a windows client (print sharing).

Some file system questions about the kernel, multiple ways to find out what version of firmware your running (by the way “About This Mac” doesn’t contain your firmware version).

Command line questions, like which commands do you get when you install developer tools that are not installed with OSX server.

There was a couple questions on the “cat” command in terminal, I don’t use that so I may have got that wrong.

Maximum number of users you can import and maximum number of computer accounts you can import. I got these wrong I’m sure. I never knew there was one.

Sharing internet with OSX client.

If you study these you should do well, I covered what I think I didn’t do well on. The rest you will know pretty well.

Anonymous

by the way I took this a while ago in March, it wasn’t that hard if you work with the servers on a regualr basis.

figmentfly
    Participant

Thanks for the information – I’ll post my thoughts on the test tomorrow.

figmentfly
    Participant

I passed! You were right about the things you posted here, although I think I still got some of them wrong.

Ross
    Participant

No problem… Glad to have helped

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed