Home Forums OS X Server and Client Discussion Updates 10.4.3 Server’s out!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mkalien
    Participant

Not that I’m about to install it today, but it’s out.
    http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/
    http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosxserver1043.html

maccanada
    Participant

The test systems here are OK so far on Server, I’ve seen some Mail.app plugins on the client side causing some problems – disabling them clears things up nicely. Some good changes to LoginWindow, among many others (the following is pasted from Scott Barber’s MacEnterprise post):

Host Information Field

The Host Information field in the Login Window UI displays a number of different bits information such as the System Build, System Version, Host Name (the default), Serial Number, or Time.

In Mac OS X 10.4.3, IP Address and Network Account Status were added. The IP Address is that of the primary interface. If that interface doesn’t have an address the IP Address is not shown.

The Network Account Status provides information about the availability of Network Accounts. The following states are available:

GREEN DOT – Network Accounts Available (I have connectivity to ALL of my remote DS)
    YELLOW DOT – Some Network Accounts Available (I have connectivity to some, but not all of my remote DS)
    RED DOT – Network Accounts Unavailable (I have no connectivity to ANY remote DS)
    Network Access Requires Login (Access to the network requires authentication — i.e. 802.1x)

An Administrator can specify which field to show when loginwindow UI displays by doing the following:

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow AdminHostInfo <desired field>

Where is one of the following: HostName, SystemVersion, SystemBuild, SerialNumber, IPAddress, DSStatus, or Time.

Once you have written the default to a sample workstation, you could use the Workgroup Manager preference editor to apply this preference to ANY computer list (including Guest Computers) in your remote Directory Service.

Startup Delay

The startup delay will delay the display of the Login Window UI by the number of seconds specified by the system administrator.

This is done to allow the system time to finish obtaining an IP Address via DHCP and for DS to bind to the servers.

If the Login Window UI detects that the network servers are available when it starts, it will skip the delay.

If the network servers become available before the delay expires, the Login Window UI cancels the delay and displays. An Administrator can specify the startup delay d by doing the following:

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow StartupDelay -int <number of seconds to delay>

Once you have written the default to a sample workstation, you could use the Workgroup Manager preference editor to apply this preference to ANY computer list (including Guest Computers) in your remote Directory Service.

vincent_vega
    Participant

Just updated my home/test server and client systems and its a smooth ride so far. No major problems, all services come up nicely and everything certainly feels alot snappier.

The two main memory hogs on my server (swupd_syncd and servermgrd) seem to behave somewhat nicer.

I’m not using the mail services on my test system so I can’t give any word on how they’re behaving.

So far so good!

Anonymous

It fixes the problem people have been having with sieve! Yippee! Vacation and other server side filters are now working! Cool.

yakusa
    Participant

I have done the upgrade this morning on the test server running at school.
    I just noticed that since the update, the weblog server is no more listing the users blogs already created. However, if i type in the name of a user’s blog, I can access to it….but can not authenticate……. Frown

Is anyone having the same problem????

Flash
    Participant

Hallelujah! PasswordService is no longer taking down my box. No more overflow files, replication taking only 30 seconds and no spiking cpu’s. Stable for four days and that’s saying a lot.

bcirvin
    Participant

[QUOTE BY= yakusa] I have done the upgrade this morning on the test server running at school.
    I just noticed that since the update, the weblog server is no more listing the users blogs already created. However, if i type in the name of a user’s blog, I can access to it….but can not authenticate……. Frown

Is anyone having the same problem????[/QUOTE]

I noticed this also. Seems that I can make new weblogs for any OD users not already having a weblog, but existing ones are locked out. Hmm.

Anonymous

This was an annoying issue, but one easy enough to fix. After the 10.4.3 update, all the squirrelmail users had their reply-to address/from address change to username@getenv.domain.com. And actually, I lost most of my global configuration settings for squirrelmail.

The fix was:

cd /usr/share/squirrelmail/<br>
    sudo ./configure<br>
    Select option 2 (Server settings)
    Select option 1 (domain name)
    Enter domain name
    Select S to save

From there, I repaired all the other “damaged” settings. Quick questions…what is the best practice to get your settings back after an update? Perhaps back them up and then “diff” them with the new file after update? Am I, like always, missing something REALLY obvious?

Justin
    Participant

Does this fix work for multiple domains or only one?

how can you fix it for multiple domains?

Anonymous

Justin–don’t know, I only manage one domain on my server.

Wish I could help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed