Home Forums Older Versions of Mac OS X and iOS Mac OS X Server 10.3 Bugs and Fixes 10.3.6 update killed users passwords

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kreynen
    Participant

… but only the students who didn’t reset their passwords. Students who left their password as what it was defaulty set as on XML import can no longer login though the Login Window or AFP.

kreynen
    Participant

These are OD passwords.

If I reset the password though WGM or even import a new user, the password works. I don’t have time to manually reset 800 passwords.

I would have to re-import all 800 users and redistribute passwords… not something I’m interested in the last 2 weeks of classes.

The unchanged passwords work when authenticating via AFP to a 10.3.6 server that is authenticates to the OD master when it is booted in 10.3.5, but not 10.3.6. I have not tried to replicate to 10.3.5 OD to the 10.3.6 child, but I will try this over break.

Currently I’m running the server off a firewire drive that has the Carbon Copy Cloner back-up. Even if you have an incrimental back-up system, I HIGHLY recommend CCC to firewire drive for your system partition. Your downtime is limitted to the time it take to reboot.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed