Home Forums Older Versions of Mac OS X and iOS Mac OS X Server 10.3 Bugs and Fixes 10.3.5 Server mySQL Manager startup (GUI)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ssevenup
    Participant

I am setting up my G5 XServe and have been trying to get mysql/phpmyadmin working. I agree that the root mysql access should be locked down. HOWEVER, I encourage you to try a little experiment. Use the GUI to start mysql and watch the “Start” button change to “Stop”. Password root@localhost in mysql and watch the “Stop” button change back to “Start” in the GUI. Now the /etc/hostconfig entry for mysql will say -No- so mysql won’t start at boot time. mysql is still running but the GUI can’t manage it with root password protected. phpmyadmin won’t work without root password protected. If you remove the password the GUI goes right back to working. I can hand roll a StartupItem but why should I have to?

–MM

mischa
    Participant

[QUOTE BY= ssevenup]…GUI can’t manage it with root password protected. phpmyadmin won’t work without root password protected. If you remove the password the GUI goes right back to working….[/QUOTE]
    Just don’t use GUI for mysql. Bad bug imho. Add -YES- in .config and all is well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed