Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    vulcan
    Participant

Any feedback on the 10.2.5 update. Looking to move ahead but want to see if any of you have experienced any problems since upgrading.

Thanks,
    brian

Cabbage
    Participant

I’m still at 10.2.4 on my two servers. I haven’t heard anything good or bad yet

vulcan
    Participant

yeah, i haven’t heard any feedback yet on the boards either. I’ll probably move ahead in a week or two if all stays calm. I’ll post any findings.

brian

Cabbage
    Participant

Actually I’ll give it a try on Monday….kinda
    I’ll try updating one of last weeks backups and see how it goes. That way if something goes wrong I’ll just go back to what I had without any problems.

vulcan
    Participant

any luck cabbage? has everything gone smoothly since the 10.2.5 update?

thanks
    brian

Cabbage
    Participant

I decided to hold off ’til Saturday when we move our Origin 300, 200 and tape jukebox and all the other server crap to another room.

I have an Xserve running only FTP and it hardly gets used. So I want to switch that with the old G4 I’m hosting network home folders on. Both the Xserve and G4 are running 10.2.4 so I’m going to upgrade both during the switch. I guess if I post here on Sunday things didn’t go to well. 😕

I did install 10.2.5 Server on another G4 to play around with but obviously that didn’t break anything since I hadn’t done anything on it yet.

vulcan
    Participant

sounds good. good luck and we’ll catch you after the dust has settled.

brian

Cabbage
    Participant

Too much work in for the weekend so we won’t be moving the servers. I’m trying to back up my FTP Server now but Carbon Copy Cloner keeps quiting
    for some reason. I’ll have an update in a few hours.

Cabbage
    Participant

All right I updated Quicktime 6.1.1 first and then restarted….err attempted to restart. It wouldn’t boot. I got the cancel/no smoking sign instead of the apple. So I booted to a different partition that I had CCCed and installed 10.2.5 on the messed up drive and then it booted fine. FTP is running. Clients can connect. All seems good now.

Cabbage
    Participant

So I was told that sendmail isn’t working.

But it turns out that DNS servers weren’t changed when we switched ISP plans. After changing the DNS sendmail is working now. Going to do the other server tonite I hope.

A-H
    Participant

[quote:724828d84a=”Cabbage”]So I was told that sendmail isn’t working anymore and then bitched out about updating since it was working fine already.[/quote:724828d84a]

Can you elaborate on that? I’m having troubles with sendmail after 10.2.5…it’s running all right, but not sending any mail via the mail function in my PHP scripts….

Cabbage
    Participant

Updated the G4 with network home directories last nite. No problems so far with that today.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed