Apple has released Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server 10.3.5. Read on for more info…Yesterday Apple released Mac OS X 10.3.5 and Mac OS X Server 10.3.5.
Key enhancements in the Server include:
– improved reliability of AFP, CIFS and NFS file services, and network automounts
– enhanced Server Admin, Workgroup Manager and Network Image Utility applications
– improved Open Directory scalability and reliability, Active Directory integration and Kerberos support
– updated QuickTime streaming and broadcast services for compatibility with 3G phones
– support for streaming 3G files to RealOne mobile player
– added support for background rebuilding of RAID mirrors, and network VLAN tagging
– updated to Samba version 3.0.2 and MySQL version 4.0.18
– improved PostScript and USB printing
– added Fibre Channel multipathing with support for bandwidth aggregation and failover
– additional support for FireWire and USB devices
– improved compatibility for third party applications and devices
– previous standalone security updates
Make sure you backup your MySQL databases before you update to 10.3.5!
Check out KB#107852 for more on the MySql upgrade.
Click here to get the 10.3.5 Server Update.
Click here to get the 10.3.5 Server Combo Update.
If you use the Server Admin Tools on a non-server Mac then click here to get the 10.3.5 Server Admin Tools Update.
Some key updates in the Mac OS X 10.3.5 for us server folk are:
– improved reliability of using network mounts
– the OS now reserves fewer characters in an network mount name. The 89 character limit is still there, but it is easier to work around now.
Click here to get the 10.3.5 Update.
Click here to get the 10.3.5 Combo Update.