Home › Forums › OS X Server and Client Discussion › Questions and Answers › LDAP Server on Mac OS X Server 10.2.6

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #355697
    Anonymous
    Participant

    I’m really getting lost in this stuff… All I wanted to do was setup an LDAP server so that we could have a central business address book and now I’m diving down in SASL mechanisms and what not…

    I followed the instructions in Joel’s article “Using your Mac OS X Server Open Directory Database to share e-mail addresses” and things weren’t as simple as they should’ve been (and it’s still not working…).

    Address Book on my Mac always returns nothing.

    When I start slapd in debug mode, and do a search in Address Book, when I look at the debug info and try to find “send_search_entry”, it ain’t there! slapd can’t find anything. There’s chock full of SASL errors…

    If I run ldapsearch, this is what I get [code:1:58bd4ecbe1]ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute (16)[/code:1:58bd4ecbe1]

    The openldap FAQ says this : [quote:58bd4ecbe1]SASL bind is the default for all OpenLDAP tools, e.g. ldapsearch(1), ldapmodify(1). To force use of “simple” bind, use the “-x” option. Use of “simple” bind is not recommended unless one has adequate confidentiality protection in place (e.g. TLS, SSL, IPSEC).[/quote:58bd4ecbe1]

    So I run ldapsearch -x and get ALL the info in the underlying NetInfo database.

    I don’t even understand what my problem is… Is it SASL, an erroneous NetInfo setup?

    Please help me!

    Thanks in advance!

    #355744
    El Rocco
    Participant

    I’m trying with no search base to see what happens on the server side (in debug) but can’t get it to find anything…

    I also noticed that if I try a ldap search using Entourage, after a delay (30 seconds?), it just crashes…

    Hmmm… I wonder what’s going on…

    #356242
    Kid-EZ
    Participant

    I’ve got exactly the same questions and frustrations.
    Every single Mac OS X/Un*x document on the net seems to leave out that one single extra tip or that bit of information to make the solution work for less experienced Unix users.
    I’m trying all sorts of settings, but Adressbook comes up blank.

    I’ve got Mac OS X 10.2.6 server with the following settings:

    LDAPv3 – “Use DHCP-supplied LDAP Server” UNchecked.
    Name is: TestLDAP; IP 192.168.187; LDAP Mappings Open Directory Server.
    I’ve added this server to the Search Authentication list and it shows as:
    /LDAPv3/192.168.1.87

    On the client I’ve got:

    Addressbook preferences set to: TestLDAP
    IP address: 192.168.1.87
    blank search query (I’ve also tried ou=personen)

    I’ve also added the LDAPv3 server as a server in the Directory Access of the Mac OS X 10.2.6 client.

    I’m lost. Which steps are missing in order to make it work?

    I’m reading manuals now and trying settings, but so far no luck on LDAP on Mac OS X Server 10.2.6 with a 10.2.6 client.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed