AFP548

Patcher for the Office 2011 Installer

The office 2011 Installer sets the permissions on its licensing LaunchDaemon by absolute path instead of target ($3), so when used with InstaDMG, the permissions don't get set correctly and the Licensing Daemon fails to run. [b]Note: This is for Volume Licensed Office 2011 only.[/b] The fix is this: 1. Right click on "Office Installer.mpkg" and select "Show Package Contents" 2. Browse to Contents-->Packages. 3. Right click on "Office2011_en_licensing.pkg" and select "Show Package Contents" 4. Browse to Contents-->Resources-->postflight and open with your favorite test editor (Or use the droplet I've posted below). 5. In the postflight, make it look like this by adding $3 before the paths and commenting out the launchctl command: [code]#!/bin/sh chown root:wheel "$3"/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist chmod 644 "$3"/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist chown root:wheel "$3"/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper chmod 755 "$3"/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper #launchctl load -w "$3"/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist exit $?[/code] 6. Make sure the postflight is still executable (chmod +x it if you are paranoid) and you should be ready to use it with InstaDMG. I made a Droplet .app using Platypus that automates this process. Download it here: [url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11466/PatchOffice2011Installer.dmg[/url] Feel free to ask questions or if you have issues with the droplet, let me know. Nate
Exit mobile version